Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Simplicity.

G'd evening, all!

To be honest, I don't know who's reading this. In last night's sleepless excitement, I sort of forgot about that part. Yes, really. I had a couple friends in mind who I thought might be interested, but when I got back online this afternoon, I remembered that anybody could be reading this. Oops? Nope, not really.

See, it's fairly simple. If I want to publish one day, I need to get used to the fact that pretty much anyone will be able to read (and criticize) my work. In that respect, though, I guess I'm on the right track because reading and criticizing is exactly what I invited you all to do yesterday.

So I entitled this post "simplicity" but then admitted that my writing and hitting the "publish" button is anything but simple. This might lead you to wonder where I'm going with this post. Well...I did warn you that this blog is going to be a mixed bag, right?! Still, I understand your confusion. Basically, it comes down to the fact that sometimes I just get to thinking about curious topics. Sometimes these thoughts come on as the result of a lyric or something I read, and sometimes they seem to just pop out of nowhere, but this particular cognitive process (to which I'm devoting significant time, which I know is probably weird, but I can't just forget about these things sometimes) was actually sparked by a conversation I had with a friend recently. Out of respect for all involved both now and in the future, I will always be discreet about names and details, but I'll just say it was nice to catch up with an old friend.

I'm sure it's obvious that said conversation wasn't actually about simplicity, but the things people say sometimes lead to bigger ideas once I start kicking them around in my head. In this case, I'm talking about the way people just throw around simple advice, thinking it solves problems but completely ignoring the implications. Who hasn't been told to
               "Get over it." 
                    "Don't worry about it."
                              "Just do it already!"

I could come up with other examples, but you get the idea. Who hasn't both given and received such (horrible) advice? Given my over-analytical nature, I'm sure I take these nonchalant comments worse than most people, but I wonder... Life isn't really that simple, is it?!

Let me know what you think, either about this topic or about my writing. (Criticisms? Post ideas?) In the meantime, I'm sure I'll still be mulling this over!

<3 KSM

No comments:

Post a Comment

So... Your thoughts??