Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Influence.

Over the past few years, I've noticed that many of the things I've loved most in life have been things that were well-loved by some of the most important people in my life.

Jeni and her poetry, way back when...
Curling, courtesy of Lynn...
Political science and government - so loved by Cathi...
Invisible Children, introduced to me by Trent...

Maybe this says that I'm easily influenced. Hard as that may be to hear, I'll accept it.

But what about writing now? Might I finally get to be that difference in someone else's life, as so many have been in mine? I hope this to be the case. It's not about the content but the dream: I want to write and publish a novel, and if that desire, drive, and (hopefully) success can inspire another to go out and achieve their dreams, then it will all be BEYOND worth it.

I've said for years that I just want to make a difference in people's lives. From my students to my friends, it's all about making a difference in somebody's world. I live for that. Now, maybe...just maybe, this new love of mine might be able to make that difference. I don't know how or when, but it's possible. Anything is possible.


<3 KSM

No comments:

Post a Comment

So... Your thoughts??